Business Systems Coordinator
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
Work Pattern: Mon-Fri, 35 hours a week
Central to the In Kind Direct (IKD) operation is an integrated e-commerce platform, ERP line of business system, and customer sales and marketing platform. The availability, scalability and security of these systems are key to our success. Similarly, the wealth of data generated by our systems is an invaluable source of information and insight.
Working with external partners and reporting to the Business Systems Manager, we are looking for a Business Systems Coordinator who will contribute to the smooth running and high availability of our core business systems on a daily basis. This will involve monitoring and reacting where necessary to provide business continuity.
As Business Systems Coordinator you will work closely with every internal team to build a thorough understanding of how our organisational objectives are delivered and measured. You’ll work closely with the customer service and logistics teams on a structured basis to translate both system and data analysis requirements into a process of continuous improvement. This new role will provide front line support for all business systems, with a key focus on logistics and customer service teams as well as warehouse management systems (WMS) and processes.
Your systems knowledge and understanding of team objectives and processes will ensure new and existing users are sufficiently skilled to leverage maximum advantage from systems. You’ll work with users to identify and design improvements and optimisations, collaborating with technical teams to translate, evaluate and deliver those requirements. You don’t need to be a developer, but you’ll understand the power of code, want to know how things work and be comfortable working with other technical teams.
You’ll be responsible for
Systems Support and Enhancement
- Maintain and monitor systems security, availability and resilience
- Provide front line support for all teams with key focus on customer service and warehouse management systems
- Identify opportunities for change and improvement
- Support the Business Systems Manager (BSM) in assessing and testing system changes and optimisations
- Log problems and incidents, providing visibility on new and ongoing issues, escalating where needed
- Support the logistics and customer service teams with hardware and software issues
- Configure and maintain handhelds, barcode scanners and warehouse infrastructure including connectivity and Wi-Fi
- Configure and deploy end-user devices including laptops, desktops, telephony and printers
- Provide project support to the Business Systems Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning and Warehouse Management Systems
- Work with the BSM to analyse data, illustrate trends and monitor KPIs
- Help build a tech-first culture with skilled and confident users
- Work with operational teams to identify problems and convert to opportunities
- Champion best practice ways of working, and streamline business processes
- Maintain an accessible and dynamic knowledge base and process documentation
- Deliver internal training to upskill teams and cascade knowledge
What we need from you
- Knowledge of ERP, CRM and WMS systems in an operational environment, ideally Dynamics 365, Dynamics Nav/Business Central
- Understanding of e-commerce platforms, ideally Magento
- Working with AWS EC2 (D)
- Managing Office 365 and Azure AD environments
- Experience of Windows Server/Desktop support, Active Directory, Hyper-V
- Good and current understanding of data management best practice, privacy and compliance
- Working with integrated business systems
- Managing support and change requests using relevant applications
- Working with third party suppliers and vendors
- Understanding of data analysis, visualisation and reporting (D)
- Working in or a passion for the not-for-profit sector (D)
What you will bring
- Ability to communicate complex or technical ideas simply and effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interested in technology, continuous improvement and learning
- Innovative and skilled at looking for solutions and opportunities
- Driven by and focussed on high quality service delivery
- Being an approachable collaborator at all levels of an organisation
At In Kind Direct, we believe everyone deserves access to life's essentials and that no usable product should go to waste. Since being founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1996, over £297m of products have been donated by over 1,250 manufacturers and retailers - saving 32,725 tonnes of surplus stock from going to waste - and helping more than 11,600 charitable organisations.
We provide a single contact point for companies to donate new consumer goods such as toiletries, cleaning and laundry products, clothes, toys and office supplies to the communities that need them. Working with big names including P&G, Reckitt Benckiser, Kimberly-Clark, PZ Cussons, Disney and Amazon; we are the only UK charity with the infrastructure able to deliver this service at scale in the UK. The overall impact is an efficient, practical solution which improves people’s lives, makes giving easy for companies, and unlocks vital resource into the voluntary sector.
The coronavirus pandemic has driven a huge increase in need, both in the number of charitable organisations seeking our support, and the volume of products required to keep people clean, safe and well. As our initial increased crisis response is evolving to meet a sustained period of change, we will be delivering a new strategy to achieve 3x growth in impact by 2025. This new role will be key in providing and the systems and information to power that ambition.
In Kind Direct is an equal opportunity employer therefore, if you need any of this information in a different format or would like to suggest a different form of application, please let us know.
We are passionate about diversity and the positive impact this has by bringing different experiences, skills and thinking to the table. We therefore actively encourage applications from all back grounds and experiences.
Application by CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read full job description and use the subject line "Business Systems Coordinator".