Customer Service Coordinator
Contract: 6 month fixed term contract
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Work Pattern: Mon-Fri, 35 hours a week
Would you like to be a part of a team of optimistic and determined problem-solvers, making a difference?
At In Kind Direct we are seeking an Customer Service Coordinator to help embed more agile and innovative ways of working.
You’ll be responsible for:
As a first point of contact, you will provide support to new and long-term customers advising on all elements of our service including product availability, order enquiries, delivery status, customer registration and how to join us. Integral to this role is the ability to identify and implement improvements to our customer service processes and systems.
Experience working with integrated business systems will be a real advantage while a structured approach and the ability to problem solve with confidence are essential.
You will champion the needs of our charity partners and be able to integrate into an established team whilst maintaining a real appetite for change.
What we need from you:
Providing excellence in customer experiences for our charity partners
- Delivering excellent customer service and support across phone, email and live chat channels; responding to and recording enquiries, feedback and complaints and escalating issues as necessary.
- Delivering time-critical operational tasks including processing orders and account registrations and renewals.
- Continual review and refinement of templates and scripted responses, responding to the needs of our network and evolution of the service.
- Monitoring performance and service levels against key performance indicators with relevant reporting.
- Identifying and implementing time-saving efficiencies across all customer support tasks, including opportunities to automate processes.
- Working closely with technical teams to identify system improvements, including testing systems updating the internal knowledge base.
- Placing the customer at the heart of our service, identifying opportunities for proactive communication, increasing use of the service and building warm relationships.
Improving the customer journey
- Working across the organisation to maintain a comprehensive view of the customer journey, with a focus on improving the onboarding process and minimising the time to first use of the service.
- Monitoring and managing the registration process to meet agreed targets and improve conversion and impact scores.
- Researching and recommending strategies to focus recruitment and marketing efforts where In Kind Direct can deliver the greatest impact.
- Supporting the Partnerships and Impact team to secure meaningful customer feedback.
What you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer service role at a similar level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner.
- Highly organised and quality-focussed individual with strong attention to detail
- Comprehensive experience working with Microsoft Office and customer support systems.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly, identify problems and recommend solutions
- Experience in reporting, researching and presenting findings.
- Understanding of the non-profit and voluntary sector.
- Experience of Dynamics 365.
- Experience working in an online or e-commerce setting.
In Kind Direct is the UK charity providing a simple solution to connect companies and their products to thousands of charities, community groups and schools and the communities, families and individuals they support. Together we make a difference to 250,000 people each week. We are an enabler, supporting local organisations to do more for less, whilst making it easy for companies and brands to have a positive social impact with the products they make and sell.
Having to choose whether to eat, heat or keep clean is a reality for too many people. With 15m people living in poverty in the UK, more households are having to make difficult choices every day. When someone is unable to stay clean, safe and well it dramatically affects their self-esteem, wellbeing and sense of belonging. Since being founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1996, we’ve:
- Unlocked £277m of savings into the charity sector
- Diverted 32,700 tonnes of usable products from going to waste
- Supported over 11,600 charitable organisations
- We make giving easy, creating powerful partnerships enabling more communities to thrive.
The Coronavirus pandemic has driven a huge increase in need, both in the number of charitable organisations seeking support, and the volume of products needed by their communities. It has also increased societal inequalities and deepened divides. Our crisis response is evolving to meet a sustained period of change and growth. We are in the first year of delivering our new strategy, with a new team structure and ambition to triple our impact.
In Kind Direct is an equal opportunity employer therefore, if you need any of this information in a different format or would like to suggest a different form of application, please let us know.
We are passionate about diversity and the positive impact this has by bringing different experiences, skills and thinking to the table. We therefore actively encourage applications from all back grounds and experiences.
Application by CV and supporting statement to email@example.com
Please read full job description and use the subject line "Customer Service Coordinator".