Thanks to players of People’s Postcode Lottery, In Kind Direct receives £48,450 funding to support charities in its network for the second year running.
In Kind Direct, a charity founded 21 years ago by HRH The Prince of Wales to distribute corporate product donations to UK charities, has received £48,450 funding for the second year running thanks to players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
Thanks to players’ generosity, the funding is being distributed amongst 100 small and medium sized voluntary and not-for-profit organisations supporting vulnerable adults across England, Wales and Scotland.
Each of the 100 charities receive a credit to order the products they need to deliver their work, completely free of charge, from In Kind Direct’s online catalogue. Goods received can be used to maintain the charity’s centre and facilities, to run activities and/or given for free to vulnerable people in need of support.
In Kind Direct offers a wide range of basic essentials and high quality brands that make a huge difference to charities, by enabling them to spend their restricted budgets on the people they support, not supplies. Having access to household cleaning products, personal care and hygiene items, baby care, clothing and footwear, and IT and technology products donated by companies such as Amazon, Colgate Palmolive, Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Disney and Pentland Brands makes a huge impact on In Kind Direct’s charity network.
“The credit has helped us to get building materials for therapy for families with learning disabilities. It has also helped us to hand out starter packs to individuals who have just entered the country or been released from prison. It’s helped us stretch our budget further and reach an additional 11-25 service users! Thank you to players of People’s Postcode Lottery for their generosity!”
“One of our homeless service users secured a job yesterday using the laptop we were able to order through In Kind Direct. He emailed his CV on Tuesday and starts work on Monday. He is so excited! Starting a new job is a big deal for any of us, especially from a position of unemployment but for a homeless person this is life-changing. Thank you to In Kind Direct and players of People's Postcode Lottery for your amazing help in this.”
“We are grateful to players of People’s Postcode Lottery for this fantastic funding which will enable us to provide tangible, practical support to some fantastic organisations working with vulnerable adults across the UK.”
For more information please contact Harriet Doughty, PR and Social Media Manager, In Kind Direct on 0300 3020 245 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
About In Kind Direct
In Kind Direct is a charity founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1996 to provide an easy way for manufacturers and retailers to donate their surplus product and put it to good use in local communities. To date In Kind Direct has distributed £185 million worth of goods donated by 1,000 companies to over 9,000 charities in the UK and abroad.
About People’s Postcode Lottery
* People’s Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
* A minimum of 32% goes directly to charities and players have raised £291 Million for good causes across the country
* £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance with prizes every day. For further prize information visit: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
* Maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw revenue to a maximum of £400,000
* Players can sign up by Direct Debit, credit card or PayPal online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk, or by calling 0808 10-9-8-7-6-5
* Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences number: 000-000829-N-102511-014 and Number: 000-000829-R-102513-013. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
* For details on which society lottery is running each week, visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society