News Roundup - June and July
27th July 2020
In Kind Direct distributes essential supplies to a network of thousands of charitable organisations including community hubs, support and advice services and schools. Since UK lockdown began on 23 March, we have distributed over £4.5 million in value of products to over 2,200 charities. As the crisis continues, we are working hard to meet the unprecedented demand for life's essentials and we remain hugely grateful to the donor companies offering their incredible support.
Read our highlights from June and July
- A1retailmagaine: Buy One, Gift One: Huggies partners with the charity In Kind Direct to help families access essential baby products
- Ethicalmarketingnews.com: Product Giving Alliance launched as charities urge businesses to donate goods and services to help people in need during the coronavirus crisis
- Charity Digital: The positive impact COVID-19 has had on charity partnerships
- Denbighshirefreepress.co.uk: Denbigh's Amber teams up with Always to raise awareness of period poverty
- Warrington Guardian: NHS staff given pick-me-up parcels dedication during lockdown
We are proud to be working with seven major brands and Blue Light Card to deliver “pick me up pallets” to NHS frontline staff across the country. The response to the first wave of donations was so positive and we are delighted to continue our support. This initiative is generously supported with donations from some of our #IKDPioneers, including hand sanitiser and toiletries from L’Oréal, Carex antibacterial handwash from PZ Cussons, chocolate from Lindt UK and Bodyform intimate care products from Essity.
Huggies® partners with In Kind Direct to help families access baby essentials
We’re working in partnership with Huggies to help make sure every family can keep their babies and little ones clean, safe and well. For every pack of Huggies Wipes, Huggies Pull-Ups® and Huggies DryNites purchased through its new online shop huggiesdirect.co.uk Huggies will donate an equivalent pack to help a vulnerable family in need. This donation will equate to 700,000 pants & 70,000 packs of baby wipes.
Working with Charity Digital, FareShare and International Health Partners, we have launched the Product Giving Alliance. Members will work in partnership to meet the needs of the voluntary sector, as well as making it as easy as possible for manufacturers and retailers to provide much needed products and services, across all sectors – consumer products and equipment, food, IT and healthcare – to front-line charities supporting vulnerable people.